Tuesday, January 24, 2012

There's an app for that!

After coming home from the engagement trip in Las Vegas, I immediately got busy with wedding plans.  Hahaha!  I crack myself up.  In my defense, it did seem like progress at the time.  We narrowed down the dates to two, I started recording Say Yes to the Dress and I found a couple of iPad apps. :) This was in August.  I did watch several, several episodes and attempted to be on the show.  Who doesn't want to go to Kleinfeld's in New York AND be on television?  Unfortunately, the show schedule and my timeline didn't work out so I couldn't go even if they wanted me.  Who wouldn't want ME?  I was certain I would be the best bride to be EVER!!  I invested more time in Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings than I did using my apps. I remember Misty asking me about my planning progress and then her laughter when I told her I had downloaded some apps.  With all of that being said, I get to my blog topic for today.....  There's an app for that!

I decided this morning that I would dedicate some time to creating an actual game plan for planning.  Sounds good in theory.  I naturally reached for the device that stays within 5 feet of me at all times....my iPad.  I looked for the apps I had downloaded months ago but vaguely remembered they had some shortcomings.  The biggest shortcoming was that they didn't know immediately what I wanted.  Ha!  Found them right where I left them and logged in.  YAY!!  They had rolled out updates that improved the features of one app significantly!

My app of choice is TheKnot Wedding Planner.  It is awesome!  I sat for quite some time looking at different dresses, hairstyles and flowers all in one nice, neat place.  It also turned me on to a different dress designer that I really like. 

I had been looking for a site that actually suggested dress styles for certain body types with more descriptors than the generic pear, apple, big boobed, etc.  I found it at http://www.henryroth.com/tip2.php and it's exactly what I had hoped to find. 

While my progress may not seem significant, it really was.  I have been having a hard time wrapping my head around the things that needed to be done and a way to organize all of those things.  Now, I just have to start choosing things that I like. 

I mentioned finding a artist/stylist in Vegas for hair and makeup that I like.  I have talked with her some more and she will even take care of Anna's hair.....not a small task.  She will also do a trial run on me the day or two before if I want!  http://www.facebook.com/ConstanzaYael  My next task in this department is finding a website that tells me which wedding 'do is best for a really round face with chipmunk cheeks....




No comments:

Post a Comment